• select language
  • Dedication
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The monument to Joseph II

    share
    share
    font + font -

    Dedication

    After the poorhouse and veterans’ home were converted, the new function of the old building was specified above the entrance: “SALVTI ET SOLATIO AEGRORVM” (“For the healing and care of the sick”). In 1834, when courts 8 and 9 had been extended, the same text was added above the Garnisongasse entrance. And in 1994 it appeared above the entrance to the new General Hospital.

    Photo: Herbert Posch, 2014
    ©
    UniWIen