• select language
  • Transformer station
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The Marpe Lanefesch memorial

    share
    share
    font + font -

    Transformer station

    The former synagogue was converted into an electrical transformer station for the surrounding clinics and ‘Fools’ Tower’ after 1945 and its original function ‘forgotten’. It was not until the 1980s that people’s memories were jogged and a commemorative panel was mounted in October of 1991.

    Photo: Martina Pippal, 1992 © UniWIen