• select language
  • 24 - Brewery tower
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The red thread - Melk

    font + font -

    The tower in the south-west corner of the town walls
    was erected around 1586. In the early 19th century, with
    the walls no longer necessary, individual towers were
    sold. Accommodation for night watchmen from early on,
    the Brewery Tower was well maintained. The adjacent
    wall to the west was torn down in 1888. About one
    metre was removed from the north wall, which is still
    standing.

    Fields marked with * are required.