The weekly market was held on the main square on Tuesdays. The figure of St John Nepomuk once guarded the bridge across a now underground stream. The
statute was commissioned by Abbot Berthold Dietmayr in 1736. The relief on the base recounts the life of the saint: pilgrimage, the queen’s confessor, torture, being thrown from the bridge, recovery of the corpse and ascension to heaven.