• select language
  • 19 - Parsonage
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The red thread - Melk

    font + font -

    The former structure was already showing signs of collapse when Viennese architect Matthias Gerl (1712 – 1765) was commissioned with the new parsonage in 1752. A gate with a pointed arch, in the flat central section of the building, leads across wooden block pavement to the interior courtyard, which features towering, Baroque pier arcades and domical vaults on the slope side.

    Fields marked with * are required.