The original chapel was enlarged to a church in the 15th century. The Mount of Olives group (Ölberggruppe; 1502) is an important Late Gothic oeuvre. Abbot Berthold Dietmayr had it converted into a Baroque church in 1715. A Rococo altar with paintings by Kremser Schmidt was added in 1771. The great town fire of 1847 destroyed the church tower, which was then rebuilt based on the design of the parish church in Vienna Hietzing. The interior was decorated in the Neogothic style in around 1900.