• select language
  • 09 - Apothecary Shop
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The red thread - Melk

    font + font -

    The building, dating to the Late Middle Ages, has housed the public apothecary shop since 1783. Signs of this are seen in the Staff of Asclepius above the portal
    and the shutter paintings. The entrance leads to an arcade courtyard. Apothecary and mayor Franz X. Linde (1910–1926) had several Roman gravestones set into the courtyard walls when the local heritage museum was temporarily housed in the building.

    Fields marked with * are required.