• select language
  • 04 - Old Parsonage
    zoom in zoom out
    back

    The red thread - Melk

    font + font -

    Massive archways, a draw well and the chimney over the open-fire kitchen attest to the age of the former parsonage. In 1313 the parson Master Albrecht bequeathed the building as a dwelling for his successors. In around 1575, when the building was owned by a butcher’s family, the frescoes were added, which depict, behind a grate, a herdsman with sheep and cattle, a couple in contemporary peasant attire, and the lion of the English coat of arms.

    Fields marked with * are required.