The church and former monastery were actually worth a separate tour. Because today it is a place of art and history. It is a home of galleries, the museumKrems, the city library and some research institutes. The architectural history of the monastery begins 1236. 30 years after the nave of the church was completed, they dedicated it to Saints Peter and Paul. After varied strokes of fate the church and the monastery have been abandoned and sold 500 years later. It was then in the last two centuries used as, button factory, store, theater, cinema and fire department depot.